FREE Case Evaluation
Being arrested for a drunk driving-related offense can be a scary and stressful experience, especially for individuals who have no previous experience with Maryland’s legal system. Many people are not familiar with the way the court process works, the potential penalties associated with a conviction, or the best strategies to use to try to defend their innocence. In order to provide further information about how to handle DUI charges in Maryland, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions, which have been answered by Maryland DUI defense attorney Ed Tayter in an audio interview. Please feel free to click the links below to find the answers to these commonly asked questions.
- How do I find a DUI lawyer in Maryland?
- How do I find the best DUI lawyer in Maryland for me?
- Why shouldn’t I hire the cheapest DUI lawyer in Maryland?
- When should I hire a lawyer during the course of a DUI case?
- What is the next step once I hire you as my attorney?
- If I’m accused of a crime but I have not been charged or arrested, what should I do?
- Why should I hire a private criminal defense attorney?
- Can I get a lawyer for a bond hearing?
- How should I prepare for my first court date?
- What should I expect when I go to court?
- What is the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor in terms of DUI cases?
- What does it mean to be on probation?
- What are the conditions of probation?
- How are legal penalties (potential punishments) determined by the court?
- What is the difference between active and suspended jail time?